Monday, July 12, 2010

Will Miss #200 - Okashi no Machioka



After you've lived in Japan for awhile, all of the big things tend to fade into the background and it's the little daily things that bring you the most pleasure. Since I write a Japanese snack review blog, finding someplace like Okashi no Machioka has brought me a wealth of pleasure. It is a chain of snack shops which carries a rich variety of snack foods from sembei to cookies to hard candies to chocolate bars (and beyond). About once a week, I'll pop into one of the two branches of this store that are located in my neighborhood and peruse their current stock. Sometimes I'll find a known treat for an irresistible price and sometimes I'll find some new delight that I'll happily review.

I'll really miss Okashi no Machioka's shops.