Friday, April 8, 2011

Won't Miss #307 - Japanese coffee


I know that people are thinking that American coffee is famous for being mud water and tastes terrible. I've heard that. Keep in mind that I didn't drink coffee until I came to Japan and my exposure to American-style coffee didn't come until after the advent of Starbucks. And, further, please keep in mind that this isn't some sort of competition between the U.S. and Japan but a blog about what I personally like and don't like, and I don't like Japanese coffee. I'm guessing there is a difference in roasting with higher acidity in the coffee as a result and that's a reason I don't like the taste of Japanese coffee. I've also found that Japanese coffee is either nuclear strong or massively weak.

Whatever the deal, I'm not a fan of Japanese coffee and I won't miss it.