Monday, March 29, 2010

Will Miss #146 - Shinjuku


My favorite place in Tokyo is Shinjuku. It is a district which isn't far from my home and has more of a modern feel to it than other similarly set-up areas. I worked there for about 10 years and always enjoyed walking around and exploring when I was there. To me, it's got everything you might want in one vast place including big electronics shops, department stores, bakeries, import shops, businesses, parks, sky scrapers, and restaurants. I also used to go secondhand record shopping all over the eastern areas with my husband in our first 8 or so years in Japan and it's tied in with some of my earliest and fondest memories. I probably wouldn't have quit my full-time job if my company hadn't moved its office from Shinjuku to a cheaper area.

I'll miss going to Shinjuku.