Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Won't Miss #238 - eating at my desk

This is an old picture, but I'm too lazy to take a new one. However, that is pretty much the desk I still have and eat at. :-p

I have grown accustomed to many of the shortcomings of living in a very small space and I'm at peace with most of them. That being said, our apartment is too small for a dining table. When I was younger, that didn't trouble me much, but as I've gotten older and started to cook more and more, I've longed for the ability to eat a proper meal at a table big enough for both place settings and serving dishes. It wouldn't even have to be a big table, but the one I have (which folds and is stored unless I need it for teaching) isn't big enough for even two people to sit with a dinner plate only.

Now that I'm a grown-up, I'd like to not eat my meals like a college kid in a dorm and I won't miss this lack of space for a proper dining room table.