Friday, August 26, 2011

Won't Miss #357 - living in material limbo


Blue Shoe writes about his experiences with a Korg keyboard and having problems shipping it back home. Though he eventually found a way, the cost was almost the same as that of the keyboard itself. I've lived in Japan for a long time, but I have never sought permanent residence because I have always known this is not a "forever" gig. I know one day I will pack it all up and go home. That means that whatever "all" is, it's got to fit in a box and not be too terribly heavy. There are things I don't buy because of this and I always live with an eye toward leaving.

I won't miss living life as if I were in transition and having to pass up on things that I might like to have in my life because I know they will be too expensive or difficult to take home.