Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Will Miss #389 - civilized behavior in theaters


Since I haven't been to an American movie theater in over two decades, I had forgotten how badly behaved that some people can be. Often the absence of a bad experience does not register as a necessarily good one. I hadn't thought about how people do extremely rude things in movie theaters in the U.S. until I saw some FaceBook updates about people who talked loudly, kicked the back of seats, and put their feet up on top of other people's seats or next to their heads. Generally, it's not uncommon for people back home to make complete nuisances of themselves without regard for the ability of others to enjoy the movie.

I have never experienced overtly bad behavior in a theater in Japan and I will miss the fact that people have enough courtesy not to act like asses in theaters.