Friday, June 25, 2010

Will Miss #191 - Sharp


One of the biggest surprises for my husband and I (and something which stands in sharp contrast to our experiences with Sony, no pun intended) is how good Sharp's domestic products are. We had a Sharp oven for about 15 years, and are still using a Sharp television that is about 18 years old and still working perfectly. Not only are their products good, but they tend to be reasonably priced and their service people are excellent. They are fast, reasonably priced outside of warranty, and service old items for as long as possible (and they come to our apartment to take care of things). For any big ticket item I'm thinking of buying in Japan, I'll always choose Sharp first because of their reliability and good service.

I'm going to miss this access to Sharp's domestic products and service.