Thursday, October 6, 2011

Will Miss #373 - hyuganatsu


Hyuganatsu is a Japanese citrus fruit which fragrant and a bit sour. When I was first given one of these fruits, I was told I'd have to put sugar on it to eat it. However, I ate it as it was and found it delicious. I may have gotten lucky and had the world's least sour hyuganatsu, but it made me wish I could get them more easily (they're not only a Japanese fruit, but regional and not available everywhere). Fortunately, one can get ones hyuganatsu on via various sweets which are flavored with them. The thing which I liked about it is that the flavor had greater depth than grapefruit, oranges or lemons. It was like a mix of the best of lemon and grapefruit.

I'll miss having access to hyuganatsu and foods made with this fragrant citrus fruit.